Stocks and Sauces Workshop
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Brisbane, Qld
- Product code: VNZ114
*All ingredients and recipes supplied
* Take home batches of some of the sauces we prepare is included. We also do eat on the run as the class is in session!
*Icy refreshing water supplied. bar available and $5 BYO per person!!
Learn to create stocks and then sauces of different types to make you the ultimate saucier in your kitchen! You will live happily ever after once you know how to master simple and complex sauces. You will also be taught about different mother and daughter sauces, flavours and how to combine them to deliver sophisticated sauces on all types of cuisine. You will work in teams of 3 or 4 to help us get through the content during the workshop. There will also be breaks along the way.
(you will cook 4-6 of these stocks and sauces on the day! These are subject to change)
- Knife and cutting skills
- Bone Broth
- Chicken stock
- Jus AND gravy
- Roux based sauces - Béchamel and Veloute
- Emulsified sauces (hot and cold) - mayonnaise, hollandaise, beurre blanc
- Brown sauces - demi-glace/fond de veau lie
- Sauce Verde
- Smoky BBQ sauce and ketchup
- Some fresher more modern style 'clean' healthy sauces
- Creme Anglaise - to make our own ice cream for dessert
We look forward to having you for your amazing stocks and sauces workshop and culinary adventure!
Please note: The menu is based on available seasonal produce and is subject to change at the experience provider's discretion. You will not have your own work station but will work in small groups with some of the lesson being demonstration and some of the lesson being hands-on. Please advise us of any dietary requirements in advance!